Monday, November 12, 2012

Landscape/ Time Lapse/ Music Videos

Watch this for a minute or so first before reading: http://vimeo.com/51430433

It seems as though over the post year this type of video has been popping up more and more around the internet.  I have seen roughly a million, give or take a few.  I find them to be extremely relaxing sometimes and other times they pump me up like no other.  I have really taking a liking to the "TimeScape" video that have some sweet electronic song thrown in to them and simply have time lapse captures from nature running across the screen often to the beat of the music.  They entrance me in a way that I really enjoy as the visual and audio stimulation combine into some sort of awesome artistic work.

Many different styles of this video have been emerging and all of them seem to have a certain target audience.  Some are for people who like harder, faster music and give off the vibe of pump up videos while others are much more serene and peaceful.  This is a cool dynamic that simply by changing how fast images switch and what music is in the background a completely different feeling can be derived from the same images.  I have seen a few times where the exact same footage is used in two separate videos and the music is only changed and it gave a completely different feel!

I am always impressed with what people can do with a camera and some music.  These videos are incredible simply because of how much editing it takes each artist to create their few minute video.  Overall, my impression is that videos like this are pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment